Since our Urban Bourbon Half Marathon is meant for those age 21 or older, you must be at least 21 on race day to register.
UofL Health is the official medical partner for the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon presented by Jim Beam®. Its Sports Medicine team will be available on race day to take care of all of your medical needs.
As our official running store partner, Fleet Feet Sports is once again offering its training expertise and pace groups to our Urban Bourbon Half Marathon presented by Jim Beam® participants.
In May 2020, Fleet Feet will kick off a training program for anyone who would like to train in preparation for the Urban Bourbon Half Marathon presented by Jim Beam®.
Want a little help during the race? Pace Groups will be available during the 2020 Urban Bourbon Half Marathon presented by Jim Beam®.
Why would you want to run with a pacer? A pacer can help you not only achieve your goals, but have FUN; whether the goal is a personal record, or simply to cross the finish line. The Pace Group Leaders are experienced runners, chosen on their previous running and/or pacing performances, and know what it takes to hold a steady pace and provide a great race experience. Below are a few highlights about the program.
• Participation is FREE to all participants;just show up on race morning and find your pace group.
• There will be pace groups for the following times: 1:40, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:20, 2:30, 2:45 and 3:00.
• You can meet the Pace Group Leaders at packet pick-up and ask questions.
• To meet up with the Pace Group Leaders on race day, look for the “Pace Time” signs in the starting area. Try to meet up with your pace group at least 15 minutes before the start of the race.
• Five to 10 minutes before the start, the Pace Group Leaders will give their final instructions. This is another great opportunity for you to ask questions.
We want you to run your own race. If you feel great on race day, and you want to go ahead and catch the next group, we’ll cheer you on. If it’s not your day, slow down and wait for the group behind you.